Online Environmental Science Degree
Environmental Science, also popularly known as ‘Environmental Studies’, is a multifaceted field that majorly focus on the study of the environment, different problems related to it, and their solutions as well. The demand of environmental science professionals are increasing day by day around the world which is leading people to earn online environmental science degrees extensively.
- Career Prospect
- Top 3 Online Degree Colleges / Universities
- Online Course Synopsis
- Prospect in USA and Abroad
When it comes to the most burning issues on the earth, environmental issues tops the list. As a result, more and more knowledgeable and experienced people having environmental science degrees are being required by the industry these days. In other words, valuable credentials in this subject have been opening up new horizons to the students. Upon successful completion of the course, candidates can get employment opportunities in different government, private, non-profit or healthcare sectors, and start working as environmental planners, environmental engineers, environmental consultants, forest rangers, resource managers, wildlife biologists, conservation agents, ecologists, oceanographers, air quality managers, wetlands scientists, policy makers or environmental law makers etc. Apart from these, they can also build their career as science teachers, researchers or even opt for green jobs. The remuneration offered to environmental science professionals is also quite lucrative. However, it depends upon the level of qualification as well as the experience of the candidate.
Top 3 Online Degree Colleges / Universities
Getting an online Environmental Science degree has become quite easier now as there are lots of well-known colleges and universities across the globe for it. The degrees you can earn from various institutions include Associate of Science in Environmental Science, Diploma in Environmental Science, Certificate in Environmental Science, Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science, Master of Science in Environmental Science, and Doctorate of Environmental Science. Here are information regarding 3 best institutions:
- Ashford University: It is one of the most admired universities in USA that offers bachelor degree in Environmental Science through online mode. Along with excellent learning atmosphere and world-class faculty, this institution also provides high-quality training to its students.
- Ashford UniversityColumbia Southern University: It is another excellent university in USA from which students can pursue online Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Environmental Science and earn a widely-accepted credential. The course curriculum is an all-encompassing one and is enough to help students get prepared for an outstanding career.
- Ashford UniversityUniversity of Phoenix: Interested candidates can also consider this premier university for achieving a bachelor degree in environmental science through online mode. The program is especially designed for those who want to join the teaching industry after finishing their study.
Online Course Synopsis
The course of Environmental Science assimilates Physical Science as well as Biological Science with the intensive study of the environmental system. It provides an in-depth knowledge about numerous factors like deforestation, air pollution, water pollution, sound pollution, damage of marine life, effects of harmful chemicals on the surroundings, acid rain, acidification of sea, ecosystems, biogeochemical cycles, human population and demographics, and so on.
Prospect in USA and Abroad
The field of environmental science is growing faster like never before. The latest employment scenario of USA and abroad clearly shows that individuals with proper credentials always have prominent job opportunities in this exigent sector. Moreover, the industry is about to develop around 19% in the coming decade which is undoubtedly a bonus for the candidates. The average annual salary of an environmental scientist is around $62,000, and it rises depending upon the level of expertise and experience.
Aspirants who want to make a great career that will offer immense challenges should certainly go for environmental science courses.