Geology is one of the most relevant as well as dynamic fields of study in today’s world. It is all about the study of solid surface of the Earth, soils and various rocks by which it is constituted, and how the behaviors of these components change along with several environmental alterations. Not only the regular Geology courses, but earning an online Geology degree has also become one of the popular choices among worldwide students.
- Career Prospect
- Top 3 Online Degree Colleges / Universities
- Online Course Synopsis
- Prospect in USA and Abroad
The field of Geology has lots of potential and students pursuing various courses in this discipline can explore a wide range of career options related to it. Majority of the professionals in this sector are absorbed in the industries like oil, gas and petroleum industry, civil engineering organizations, different environmental consultancies etc. Job profiles that are offered to these efficient candidates are geoscientist, hydrogeologist, mudlogger, engineering geologist, minerals surveyor, seismic interpreter, geophysical data processor, geophysicist or field seismologist, drilling engineer, geochemist, environmental consultant, wellsite geologist, and many more. Apart from finding jobs in various government as well as private sectors, geology professionals can also start their own ventures as expert consultants.
Top 3 Online Degree Colleges / Universities
With the increasing demand of skilled professionals in the field of geology, different online colleges and universities around the world are coming up with several original and derivative course programs these days. Usually, aspirants interested in achieving an online Geology degree can pursue bachelors, masters or doctorate in Geology as per their levels of education and requirements. Find below information about 3 best institutes offering online programs in Geology:
• Emporia State University: This University offers a degree in Geology (focused on earth science) which is widely accepted across the globe. It also offers a few special courses in Geology which are especially intended for working professionals.
• University of Tennessee at Martin: Geoscience education is one of the specialties of this institute. It offers world-class courses in Geology and pursuing it can give students excellent exposure to the international job market.
• Northwest Missouri State University: Those who want to pursue Geology through online mode can choose this university. It offers high-class faculty, awesome study materials and exceptional training to its students so that they can easily find out the most suitable job for themselves.
Online Course Synopsis
Be it regular Geology programs or online Geology courses, the structure of the courses are almost similar to each other. Different topics that are included in this course curriculum are earth facts, igneous rocks, metamorphic rocks, hydrologic cycle, rivers, groundwater, waves and coasts, ocean floor, weathering and mass movement earth’s interior, sedimentary rocks, plate tectonics, deserts, geologic structures, volcanoes, geologic time, glaciers, minerals, earth history, and so on.
Prospect in USA and Abroad
Earning potential is highly lucrative in this sector. As per the data revealed by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average annual salary of a geology professional revolves around $76,590 to $80,000.However, it will highly depend upon the qualification and experience of the candidates.
Getting an online Geology degree is truly beneficial for a student who wants to build a career in this field and earn a lucrative income.